Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh, Monday...

I had a really hard time getting up this morning.  I kept falling back asleep!  I finally got up around 8:45, and tried to be productive this morning.  I called my car finance company, because I had originally sent a check for this month's payment, but then I closed the checking account I sent it from because it was like 5 days later and I completely forgot that it hadn't gone through yet.  As soon as I had realized this, I paid it "again" online (and it's not due until the 29th, so I'm still fine as far as paying on time).  But I wanted to let them know so that they wouldn't try to process the check when they got it.  Well, apparently there's nothing they can do about it, so I will have a lovely fee to pay ($20-30) for the check not going through.  You'd think they would be able to put a note on my account or something, but nooooo, apparently they can't do that.  LAME.

Anyway, I was annoyed after that, so I decided to go grocery shopping (since we didn't get a chance to go this weekend) before lunch so I could listen to music in the car and try to improve my mood.  It worked pretty well, it was a successful (and cheap!) grocery shopping trip, so now we have food in the house again, yay!

I spent the rest of the day job searching and such, until Marcus got home.  He actually came home a little early because the air conditioning at his office was broken, so his boss let everyone go home early.  So, when he got home, we booked our next "vacation" - I had bought a weekend getaway type thing on Living Social a while back, and we finally decided to use it!  So we're going to Chattanooga for a couple of days over Labor Day weekend.  We're going to go to the aquarium and to Ruby Falls, and we're staying at the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel!  It should be fun, I'm excited to get away for a couple of days.

After we had sorted all of that out, we went to the gym, which was nice, since I didn't go at all last week when I was sick.  Marcus went out to get us Chipotle for dinner (yum!), and I watched Secret Life and the new episode of Millionaire Matchmaker while he watched True Blood on the computer.  And now we are watching the Braves game, and hoping it'll be a short-ish game so that we can get to bed early tonight!  Marcus has to go into work a little early tomorrow, and I am going with Shosh to a meeting tomorrow morning so that I can watch Eli for her while she and Talia are in the meeting.

It's crazy how the fall always turns out so busy, no matter how calm we try to keep it.  There's always so much travel going on, and with the holidays thrown in, it just gets crazy so quickly!  So far we already have two trips planned in September and one in October, plus the holidays...it's really kind of ridiculous.  Hopefully we'll still manage to get enough sleep somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment