Monday, August 29, 2011

Manic Monday

Days like today are why the term "manic Monday" came about.  I'm heading to bed early (as soon as I finish writing this, in fact) in hopes of recovering and catching up a little bit on sleep!

I woke up at 6 am this morning, and while I was attempting to fall back asleep, was startled awake again by a loud noise from somewhere outside (it sounded like a gunshot, but maybe that's just my imagination, since I haven't heard about any shootings...).  After that, it took me a LONG time to fall back asleep, and when I finally did, I had a very unsettling dream about my car, in which it ended up having even more problems than those that were already there.  Needless to say, I did NOT want to get up when my alarm went off at 8!  But I had to, because I had a lot on the docket for today.

First order of business - took my car in to get the tire fixed.  Luckily, they were able to plug the hole and didn't have to replace the tire, so I didn't have to pay anything!  It also only took them about 20 minutes or so, which was nice.  I brought my computer with me and worked on Julia's montage while they were fixing my car.

When I got home, I worked on the montage for a couple of hours longer.  I got a lot done, and I'm HOPING to be able to finish it (or at least get really, really close to finishing it) tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes, haha.

Then I just hung out for a while.  Walked down and got the mail, of which there was a TON - I guess we forgot to get it on Saturday, haha.  When Marcus got home, we took out the trash, then ate dinner.  We were both feeling lazy, so we just kind of grabbed whatever out of the pantry.  I had a tuna pack and he had a bowl of cereal!  Then we watched Jeopardy together, then I watched Secret Life (can't wait for next week's season finale!), and we watched the new episode of Millionaire Matchmaker together.  It was a rare episode where I actually liked both of the millionaires, haha, so that was fun.  We also paid rent for next month and Marcus emailed his mom about houses and such.

So, it was a very busy and productive day, which leaves me feeling tired, but accomplished (which is a rare treat for me these days).  Tomorrow should be another fun one, not much during the day other than finishing the montage, but after Marcus gets home it will be super busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment