Monday, August 1, 2011

New Month, New Blog

Hello, world!

I have decided to try daily blogging, partially inspired by reading my friends' blogs, and partially just to give myself something to do each day.  The first day of a new month seemed like as good a time as ever to start, so here I am.  We'll see how it goes!

It's 9:40 am, and I've already had a fairly productive day.  I was actually out of bed by 8:10 this morning (my alarm is always set for 8:00 am on weekdays, but sometimes I let myself doze until around 8:30 or even later), so that was a good start.  It's always easier for me to be productive when I start a week off that way - the longer I'm lazy on Monday, the less productive I'll probably be for that entire week.  So this is a good sign for this week!  After I got up and ate breakfast (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, yum!), I job-searched a little bit, and actually applied to two jobs on Opportunity Knocks - all this before I even got dressed!  I also certified for unemployment, as I do every Monday.

Plans for the rest of the day:
  • Watch last night's "Men Tell All" episode of The Bachelorette.  I couldn't watch it "live" because it was on at the same time as The Next Food Network Star - a show that I actually watch regularly, unlike The Bachelorette!
  • Take out the trash.  Marcus and I were going to do this yesterday, but the trash chute was broken, so it got pushed to today.
  • Work on Julia's Bat Mitzvah slideshow.  This is my current project from my side business - Timeless Treasures by Tara.  The Bat Mitzvah is Labor Day weekend, and I need to have the slideshow finished by August 15th.  I haven't worked on it in a few weeks, since I had a meeting with Julia and her parents and they told me that they'd be sending me a bunch more pictures to include.  I told them they had until August 14th to send me pictures, so I've been waiting to have all the pictures before I continue working on the slideshow.  They haven't sent me any new pictures in a couple of weeks, though, so I think it's probably safe to start working on it again!
  • Email the leasing agent at Dunwoody Gables.  Marcus and I have been apartment hunting again.  Our lease here is up in January, and if they raise the rent (or even if they don't, but they probably will, since we're currently paying well under the market value of our floorplan), we won't be able to stay.  I really don't want to leave, since I've lived here longer than I've lived anywhere else in my life except my parents' current house (we moved there when I was 12, after moving every 3 years of my life before that), but we really can't afford to stay.  We found a 2-bedroom floorplan that we LOVE at Gables Metropolitan, but it's super expensive, so we can't afford it.  However, a leasing agent at another Gables property we looked at told us that she had the same problem, and she found a floorplan at Dunwoody Gables that was similar (but smaller, and cheaper) to the Gables Met. one.  So we went and looked, and sure enough, it is fairly similar!  We went and looked at it last weekend, but we only saw a first floor unit.  The second and third floor units have fireplaces (first floor ones don't), and only second and third floor units are available in our price range over the next couple of months.  So I want to go back and look at one with a fireplace before we make any decisions.
  • Read.  I'm currently reading "The Wise Man's Fear", book two of the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss.  I haven't read any in over a week, though.  I have been trying to go slowly with it, because I don't know yet when book three will be released, and I'd rather have as short a wait as possible!  But the book is so good that every time I read, I end up reading at least 100 pages, so the only way I can slow down is to wait a while in between each time I read.  I only have about 150 pages or so left in the book, so the next time I read might be the last for this book.
  • Watch Secret Life tonight.  This is my guilty pleasure tv show addiction - Secret Life of the American Teenager.  I can't even explain why I like it, the writing is awful, most of the acting is equally bad, and these days it seems like most of the episodes are what I like to call "connector episodes", meaning that nothing important really happens in the episode, it just serves to connect one important episode to another.  I still can't stop watching, though, haha.
I'm also waiting to hear back from a job I interviewed for last week.  It's a part-time job at the public library, basically reshelving books and things like that.  The interview actually went really well (I normally suck at interviews, but this one was better than most), but they said that they had a tough decision because they really liked everyone they had interviewed.  They were still interviewing a few more people after me, and they said they'd let me know early this week.  So I'm hoping to get that call today (but it'll probably end up being tomorrow or even Wednesday).

Anyway, that's about all that's going on right now.  Like I said, I'm going to try to make this a daily blog, so hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.  I was originally planning to post every night, so I could recap what happened that day, so maybe I'll even come back tonight, who knows.  Until then, peace out, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You will be joey's neighbor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for this just to post on your blog. I don't normally read them but you are the exception :)

    ReplyDelete