Friday, August 19, 2011

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody, Everywhere...

I really didn't do much today.  Cliff left just after lunch, and I pretty much just hung around the house until Marcus got home.  Then I was really tired, because I woke up at 7:30 again this morning (not intentionally), so we got in bed and rested until dinner.  I ate a tuna pack for dinner while Marcus went out to get a sandwich from Jersey Mike's.  Then we started cleaning.

In the past 3 hours, I have cleaned the bathroom, bedroom, and most of the living room (still have to clean the tv, but I'm trying to wait until the Braves game is over, since we're watching it, lol), a deeper cleaning than I've done in several years.  I literally took everything off of the shelves and stuff to dust!  Meanwhile, Marcus cleaned the kitchen (I figured this was a safe task to give him, since it's really hard to screw up wiping down counters and stovetops), and he is still going to vacuum and mop the floors.  Then our apartment will finally be in mom-ready condition!

My parents are arriving at 10 am tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't wake up at 7:30 coughing again :-P

We also found out tonight that our friends Mike and Heather are pregnant (well, Heather is, haha)!  I'm happy and excited for them, but why does it seem like EVERYONE is getting pregnant these days?  I would so love to jump on that bandwagon, but unfortunately, there's a lot of things that have to happen first, not the least of which is that I need to find a job.  I do feel my biological clock ticking, though, and given my medical history, I worry that when we do start trying, it will take us a while to get pregnant...which makes me want to start trying RIGHT NOW, even though we can't yet.  This is one of those rare times when I really wish I was normal.  *SIGH*

No comments:

Post a Comment