Thursday, September 1, 2011

TGI Thursday!

Today was another crazy day.  I headed over to Joel and Shosh's at 9:45 this morning to babysit.  My plan was to go straight from their house to Nora's to drop off the DVD of Julia's montage afterwards.  While I was babysitting, I got 3 calls from Nora, 2 from her husband, and 1 from the DJ for the Bat Mitzvah about coordinating dropping off the DVD.  Apparently none of them talk to each other, it's ridiculous!  So what the DJ and I ended up deciding (and I later conveyed to Nora and her husband via email when I got home) is that I will drop the DVD off at his office on our way up to Chattanooga tomorrow, since it's basically on the way.  I also now have to call Nora AND her husband to let them know when I've dropped it off successfully :-P

So anyway, babysitting was fine, Eli was adorable as usual, and Talia slept for most of the time I was there.  Shosh had put her down before I got there (around 9:15), and she didn't wake up until around 12:30!  Then she was up for a few hours, but went to sleep again around 3:20 or so, just a few minutes before Joel got home.  All I have to report from today (and actually yesterday too, but I forgot to mention it in my post last night) is that it absolutely melts my heart when Eli calls me "Auntie Tara"!  Yesterday when I was leaving, he was going down for a nap, and he said "night night Auntie Tara" <3  Today he kept wanting me to "help" him with his toy (which he's perfectly capable of using by himself, lol), and he kept saying, "help, Auntie Tara!", and it was SO. FREAKING. CUTE.

I was all stressed out when I got home, mostly because of trying to juggle Nora, Spencer (her husband), AND the DJ, AND still had to pack and plan for our trip.  When Marcus got home, we debated for a while before deciding to forego the gym tonight in favor of devoting our evening to planning our trip.  I printed out a whole bunch of stuff, from directions to coupons to my voucher for the hotel.  We also looked at restaurants online and decided which ones we want to go to.

Since I'm not bringing my computer with me, I won't be able to update every night while I'm gone.  We're coming back Sunday afternoon(-ish), so I promise to write about our trip either Sunday night or Monday!  I'm so excited, I can't wait to get away for a couple of days!  I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment